You are sure to enjoy my summer creamy vegan zucchini pasta served with a crispy green salad. In my picture you will see this huge organic zucchini just harvested this morning. I am going to make a pasta with leftovers for lunch tomorrow. Here is my recipe loved by even the most fussy eaters.
Read about the benefits of zucchini here: http://foodfacts.mercola.com/zucchini.html
Large zucchini sliced
3 sticks of celery chopped small
1 leek chopped finely
1 cup of diced mushrooms
1 cup of grated butternut
1 cup of tomato puree
1 to 2 tsp of vegetable stock mixed in a cup of hot water
Mixed dried herbs
- Thinly slice your zucchini and place them on a oven try and bake on both sides. Be careful not to burn them.
- Dry fry your celery, leeks and butternut. Add your mushrooms.
- Add your stock and tomato puree.
- Simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper and just enough mixed dry herbs.
- Blend a cup of raw cashews to a cup of water, 1/4 cup of olive oil, 1/4 tsp of dry mustard and a garlic & herb salt. ( nutritional yeast optional)
- Layer your baking dish with vegetables, cream and zucchini .
- Bake at 180 degrees for 10 minutes then grill.
- Serve with a big green salad & gluten free buns.