Who wants a chocolate treat like non other? This is the one recipe you want to try! I bought sweet potatoes from the organic market and felt like something comforting and chocolatey. When Chad saw I was heading for the cupboard and stacking the ingredients one by one on the counter he knew it was baking time. He is my gluten free baking pro of the family so he interrogates me regarding the ingredients and method I plan to use.
I know this does seem strange to have a competition with your 18 year old son but he loves to bake so I’m fine with this. I have also learnt some tricks working with difficult grains and flours from him.
Chad allowed me the opportunity so here goes:
1 cup of brown rice flour
1/2 cup of coconut flour
1/4 cup of dark roasted cacao powder
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup of coconut oil
1/4 cup of honey or any healthy sweetener of choice
1/2 cup sweet potato puree
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup pecans
1 cup of raw cacao ( not as rich as the roasted cacao and I add this after the cooking process)
1/4 cup of coconut oil
2 spoons of honey
Pinch of salt
- Switch your oven onto 180 degrees Celsius on bake
- Combine all your dry ingredients
- Melt the coconut oil, honey and vanilla paste in a double boiler
- Mix all the ingredients very well together
- Taste to see if you want it sweeter.
- Pour into a brownie pan and bake for approximately 20 minutes
- Melt your ingredients for your frosting in a double boiler then blend with dates in a high speed blender until smooth and creamy.
I hope you enjoy this sweet treat as much as my family did 🙂