These delicious raw macaroons are definitely snack you want to keep in your pantry. You can make a batch of plain vanilla macaroons and decorate them in all sorts of interesting ways. Pour a dollop of raw chocolate over them with a few cacao nibs,coconut chips or dried berries. Dip in coconut icing powdered with cacao powder or seeds. The possibilities are endless.
1 cup of raw cashews
2 cups of shredded coconut
1.5 teaspoon of organic vanilla powder
1 tablespoon of raw honey ( sweeter if you prefer)
1 tablespoon of cold pressed coconut oil
Pinch of salt
- Ground your cashews to a fine flour
- Add the following to the food processor: coconut, salt and vanilla powder.
- Melt your coconut oil over a double boiler.
- Add the honey and coconut oil to your mixture and combine well.
- Scoop out the mixture with a tablespoon or small cookie measurer and form balls. Add to a dehydrator sheet.
- Dehydrate for 8 hours.
I feel spoilt already 🙂